Presentation by Bertrand Peret.
Source:The Month of Images, exhibition text catalog, 2008 HCMC, Vietnam.
It has only been around the last thirty years that sound, not in its conventional musical form, but as an artistic material, had been seen as an artistic pratice in its own right. TBG is one of those artists who very naturally added this material to his palette. A multimedia artist in the widest sense of the word, Thierry chooses no one medium over another, but picks according to its functional relevance in the given situation, that is to say according to the physical place and the public present in that space. His work can thus be seen as a result of the situation. An effort of adaptation is required by the public who are to be interviewed, even provoked, their senses being sollicited at times almost violently. Neither the work nor the spectators can content themselves here with being passive. The often minimal and very radical installation is existence in the simplest sense of the word. Mixing up his mediums in such a manner, TBG has finally succeeded in confusing the genres, the exhibition has to be comprehended in a new way almost as a concert. A concert of mediums and meanings, the work is an ensemble that becomes a musical group, in the present case, it would be more like a heavy metal group, that makes you react if not physically, then at least mentally.
* "Kurrent State", June 2012, Manila The Philippines curated by Mervin Espina.
* "Meta Wall", 2012, Phnom Penh_Cambodia a project in progress curated by Wonderful District.
Born 1974 @ Chambéry, Savoie –F
lives&works among France & Vietnam.
* Le Fresnoy, Studio National, Tourcoing -F_2002-2004
* Ecole Superieure d'Art de Grenoble -F_1997-2002
* Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam –NL _2001
* "A Physical Obedience Of A Certain Geometry [Nihil Sublime], @ Galerie Quynh, HCMC_VN, July 5th-30th, 2011
* "D.E.A.F. D.E.C.A.D.E", SAN ART Gallery_TEMPORARY WONDERFUL ZONE 23 Ly Tu Trong, District 1 - HCMC_VN_Oct.2008_OpeningOct.4th
* "A Wonderful Evening", 44_BarDesignGalerie, Ho Chi Minh City-VN _Nov.2007
* "Entre Chien et Loup", IDECAF Ho Chi Minh City-VN _Mars 2007
* "BlobMeister Millennium Bash", 9ème édition - Traverse Vidéo_L'état du monde, Toulouse -F_2006
* "RDV", Maison du Geste et de l'Image – Paris -F _Avril 2005
Selected Group Exhibition:
* "WSK! Fete deLa" - Manila, The Philippines, Dec.9th-Dec.18th 2011 - http://shireenseno.com/wsknow/
* "IDECAF" Live Impro visual&sound Nov.18th2011 - ho Chi Minh City, VN
* ''To Ho Chi Minh City with Love: A Social Sculpture" - An Art Project by Phong Bùi, May 20 - June 30, 2011
Sàn Art Gallery, 3 Me Linh street, district Binh Thanh, HCMC, Vietnam
* ''EsperantoPolis'' Organized by the French Consulate June 24th, 2011-Saigon_VN
* Non Stop Music Planet - Paris (Le Point Ephémère) - World Wide Streaming Project - 2009
* Hidden Art Exhibition Presented by ArtVietnam @ Gala Royale - Tuesday 15 Dec, 2009
* Untitled [DelayedDustScreens], Sound Performance @ The Cage Bar_ LABO WONDERFUL, District 1 - Ho Chi Minh City
* Territoire de l’Image, Le Fresnoy, 10 ans de création,Lab- La banque, Bethune –F _Oct.2007- Fev.2008
* CitySonics (Mons) - BELEF (Belgrade) - Anvers - Rousse (Belgium) - Vukovar - 2008
* Festival Filmer La Musique, Le Point Ephémère, Paris-F _Juin 2007
* Aires de Conflu(x)ences, Luxembourg / Sibiu Capitales Européennes de la Culture - 2007
* Festival "Paris Quartier d'Eté", Palais de Tokyo - Paris 2007
* Des Monts de la Lune, Nuit Blanche, Paris –F _Oct. 2007
* Festival "Sous La Plage" - Sound Park - Paris 2006
* Promenade Urbaine Centre Georges Pompidou - Paris 2006
* Festival « Musique & Jardins » - Paris 2006
* Invisible City Festival, video & electronic art festival, Montreal - CAN _Sept.2006
* Festival Art of Transition, ‘’French Video On Demand’’, Nis, Montenegro _Aout 2006
* Territoires Fantômes, La Maison du Geste et de l’Image, Paris –F _2006
* WJ’S, web performance, Baubourg, Paris –F _Nov.2005
* Sound Drop, La Goutte d’Or, Paris –F_Nuit Blanche, Oct.2005
* Itinéraires Privés, Galerie Espace Croise CAC Roubaix, Oct.2005
* Festival 1° Contact, Le Cube - Issy les Moulineaux –F _ Av.2005
* Edith District, La Maison du Geste et de l’Image, Paris –F _Fév.2005
* Panorama 5, Le Fresnoy – Studio National, Tourcoing –F _Juin-Juillet 2004
* Panorama 4, Le Fresnoy – Studio National, Tourcoing –F _Juin-Juillet 2003
* Galerie La BF15, ‘’Label Noiseuse, Lyon –F _ Mars 2002
* Miroirs Numériques, Festival 38° Rugissants, Grenoble –F _Déc.2001
* Film Festival Berlin - Circle of Confusion, Berlin –Ger _2001
* Playground, Galerie SMM Gianni Motti, Berlin –Ger _2001